Monday, February 29, 2016

DANGER IN NIGER

Did you hear about the Islamists in Mali? I actually just learned about it today. I read in an article that President Barack Obama wrote a letter to Congress saying that he was going to send 100 U.S. troops to Niger to fight the Islamists in Mali. The troops will be armed, but apparently for the purpose of "intelligence sharing". Whatever that means. I think that they are going to use the weapons for protection, but they won't be actually fighting. This is not the first time that Obama has sent 100 troops and advisors to other countries. He did it once before when he sent them to Uganda to help in the hunt for a dangerous war criminal, who goes by the name of Joseph Kony. Anyway, back to Mali.  The United States has made a deal with Niger to use unarmed drones for security purposes, or as I call it, spying on people. Right now, Niger is in danger from the Islamists and the people of France and the U.S. are trying to help Niger gather information to help stop the terrorists in Mali.

1 comment:

  1. I think that this is a good thing that Obama is trying to hep but it is also very dangerous. Our people could be hurt or even killed. About the drones, I think that is still an invasion of property because it could be spying on innocent people too. I found out that he has something called the lords resistance and he will take people and force them to be in it.This is what I think of this blog post. I hope you learned something more from my comment

    ReplyDelete