Wednesday, February 24, 2016

16 Month Year Old In Jail?

First a  16 month old little boy was sentenced to life. This was taken place in Egypt. Ahmed was accused for killing three people and sabotaging private public property during a 2014 government protest.  This little boy was so young that he could barely even walk. His father was begging for the government not to take away his son, on a local T.V show. But nether of them ended up going to jail. They found out that the was a case of mistaken identity. The real person they were looking for was in his 50tys. But tat was not the only mistake that was made. Finally the army released a stamen about this case and said Ahmed was 16 years old. This is just another example of the bad criminal justice system that Egypt has. What do you think of this case?

3 comments:


  1. Wow! I can’t believe people would actually think that someone under 2 years old murdered someone! I mean, how do you even do that? Telekinesis or something? X-Men level stuff? So, I looked up the article, and apparently the authorities found him and 115 other people guilty of the same murders! It’s just inconceivable that someone could actually think a child that young could be capable of murder. Also, how do 115+ people kill 3 people at the same time? Why hold all of them accountable? They lied about it, too, saying he was 16 years old instead of months. Why would they even consider putting a child in jail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I would do more research before I would blame all those people. I also cannot believe that they would blame a 16 month year old who can't even walk! This is insane! I would be very surprised if they blamed my child when he/she was only 16 months old!

      Delete
  2. I think it was wrong of the government to accuse a 1 year old boy for killing three people and sabotaging private public property. I read that the boy's father had fled his family's home because of authorities who had previously detained him, when they came to arrest his young son. Plus, 115 other people were guilty of this crime, which is weird because only one person could really commit this crime. This case wasn't very smart and thought through very well. In my opinion, it was wrong of Egypt's government to accuse this 16 month old boy of committing such a huge crime.

    ReplyDelete