Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Life Well Lived

The African continent has the second largest population in the world, at about one billion people, and Nelson Mandela played a big part in helping them stay the strong nation they always have been. Nelson Mandela was the first African president of South Africa. Nelson Mandela spent 27 years in prison, yet he still continued fighting even while he was in jail. I believe Nelson Mandela stood up for what he believed and never gave up. He was brave and was willing to die for what he believed in. He inspired so many people and gave them all hope for a better future where they would be seen equal to others and have the freedom they deserved. If you were in prison with a lifetime sentence, do you think you'd be able to stay as strong as he was?

1 comment:

  1. Dear Annie,
    I am very surprised that Africa has the second most populated continent! I did not think that Africa would be one o the top choices because it is not as big as other countries. I think that Nelson Mandela is very brave and strong. I don't think I would be able to stay as strong for a whole lifetime sentence in jail. Is he still in jail today?

    ReplyDelete