Monday, February 29, 2016

The Black Rhinos

In Texas, the Dallas Safari Club auctioned off hunting permits that allows the holder to kill an endangered Black Rhino in Namibia. The hunter who won the competition was identified by another hunter. The permit went for $350,000 to Corey Knowlton. He wanted it for $340,000 but he got it for 350. They say the all proceeds from the auctioned permit will go to support the Conservation Trust fund for Namibia's Black Rhinos. The DSC hasn't responded to this with a comment yet. The auction took place in 2014 and have been receiving death threats since the auction. Do you think the death threats are ok?

1 comment:

  1. I think people these days need to open their eyes and realize what they are doing to this world. I feel so bad that animals like the rhinos can't live in peace and do their own thing. I think that if they make hunting for animals like rhinos legal then people may be confused and think "well if I can kill rhinos than I can kill any animal I want". One of the saddest stories I have ever heard was the one about the man that killed the lion. I still have no idea what he was thinking but what I do know is that it was not good. Do you think it is right to kill any animal you want to?

    ReplyDelete