Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Actual Cinnamon Rolls

Whilst researching Africa, I was reminded of my favorite animal: the leopard! Leopards live in northeast and sub-Saharan Africa, so they’re perfect for this assignment. Leopards hunt antelope, deer, and pigs. Once a leopard has made its kill, it drags its meal up into the trees to eat. Sometimes, half eaten dead animals can fall out of trees because a leopard left it there! Leopards are normally active at night. Leopards usually have a spotted coat, which, is actually different than the spots of a cheetah or other species of big cat!  After a night out, leopards will normally sleep all day. What do you think about leopards?



1 comment:

  1. I think leopards are wonderful animals and that they are very similar to cheetahs. Sometimes you can get them mixed up because their coats are so similar. I think the babies are also very cute. I think it is very interesting that they drag their meals up into the trees to eat it. I think that it might be because they don't want to have to fight to keep their food, so they drag it into the trees to keep it away from scavengers who might try to steal it from them. I think it is very gross though that their half-eaten meal could drop out of the three that they ate it in. What if you were on a safari and happened to be under the carcass and it fell? All in all though, I really like leopards.

    ReplyDelete