Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Do you think that Turkey's name is actually Turkey . . . Think again!


Turkey's name isn't actually Turkey! It's actually called the republic of Turkey. You might think this is a new name, but it's not. It has been called that for over 100 years! This whole time people have been getting the name wrong! Another thing that might surprise you is that the capital of Turkey is not Istanbul. The capital of Turkey is actually Ankara, you may think it's Istanbul because of it is well known for it's very attractive city. Did you know any of these things before?

 

2 comments:

  1. Great article, think it is very informative. I also did my article on Turkey but I did not know it was called the Republic of Turkey but I did know that Ankara was the capitol of Turkey. Did you know Istanbul used to be called Constantinople? This article makes me wonder what other things or countries I don't know the real names of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is an awesome article! I never knew that Turkeys name is actually Republic of Turkey! I wonder why it doesn't say that on the map? Its strange that its been over 100 years and people still aren't getting the actual name correct. I wonder what some of the attractive features that make it so famous for tourists?

    ReplyDelete