Monday, March 2, 2020

Guide to the Maldives!

Going to Maldives?

So you want to go to Maldives, huh? Well your gonna need a trusty guide to go there. User warning: This guide is not official. I simply googled some things about this place and wrote about it here.

About Maldives

Maldives is a small island located off the coast of India. It is a very tropical place, and is surrounded by water so bring your swimsuit. It is home to lots of sea life so if you don't like the idea of fish swimming around your feet, potentially nibbling your toes this is not the place for you. Also many of the housing areas are over water held up by poles in the wet sand in the water. Though it may not sound like it, it is actually quite beautiful. It is a great place to go for vaca because of the resorts there. It is a great family friendly setting to take the fam (or just you if you're sad and live alone).

Food!

Food in Maldives is quite unique (compared to American food at least). If you are used to our bland American food you're either gonna have to deal with it or starve. Some things I suggest you try are samosas, mas huni, garudhiya, chapati, and sago pudding. The sago pudding is delicious. It's like a cross between rice pudding and creme brulee (ha, I ain't never had any "sago pudding" I just looked at a picture.) Some street food to try are cassava, breadfruit, coconut, fish curry, and frigate tuna. Also if you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain I'm sure that they make pina coladas there and I'm pretty sure that it rains there so perfect place for you.

Fun

You don't have to do much to have fun in Maldives, but if you are that bored there I guess I have some fun things to do. You can go tubing. You know those floaties that get pulled by a boat that you can potentially fly off of and face plant into the water? Yeah, that's tubing. You can go swimming. I can't say that there won't be any toe nibbling fish in those waters, so watch your back...or your toes. You can go parasailing. You know the parachute that is pulled by a boat that could potentially crash into water and you're just stuck under a parachute. Yeah, that's parasailing.

Now you're ready to go to Maldives

Now you can go ahead and go to Maldives. Like I said this guide is not official so if your toes get nibbled by fish or you eat some food there that didn't settle well you can't blame me. Thanks, enjoy your trip!
  

 

2 comments:

  1. I like how you cover many aspects of the Maldives cultures rather than just one. In my perspective, I think your blog is amazing and it covers a lot of information about the Maldives. Something I learned new that I didn't know a lot about the food in the Maldives. I think it would be a perfect blog if you talk a little bit about the dances because of that show some important information. What was one of your favorites thing you learned about the Maldives?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how in your blog post you included so much information, more than I would expect. You shared so much information about what to expect there if on some occasion you were to go there. I gained so much information from reading your blog post. I didn't know there was so much fun to be had at the Maldives. I do think maybe more information about the food could put over the finish line of a great blog post, ( not that it isn’t a great post already):) I think you would like to check out Valeria L.'s post because even though the information you guys shred were kind of on different topics, she included a few things you didn’t so I think you might want to read it! Would you like to go to the Maldives?

    ReplyDelete