Monday, March 2, 2020

India's Interesting Foods


Food can always be….let’s say interesting. Some can taste as if it had come from heaven, some can look like if they were pulled out of the ground, and some look like if someone threw it up. *cough cough* sea cucumbers *cough cough*. And like any place in the world, India has its fair share of ‘interesting’ foods. For example, take a look at this dish in India: ‘Red Ants Chutney’. I mean, I definitely understand that some people eat bugs and stuff, but still, I can’t really take this in. I kinda just can’t imagine myself eating ants. But what’s worse than eating ants? Worms. More specifically, silkworms. If you like it, I won’t judge you (I’m going to judge you.). But the bizarreness of this isn’t just the taste or its appearance. It's more of the texture. You see, a lot of the foods I tend to not like are usually because of, well, texture. When I think about worms in general, I usually think that it's slimy. So eating worms just sends a weird shiver in my mouth. Which kind of doesn't make sense, but hey, you should get what I’m saying here. But another thing that sort of disgusts me is eating brains. I guess you could say that it reminds me of a zombie apocalypse or something. Don’t worry, Indians aren’t zombies, but they do eat pig brains. This actually surprised me, because unlike all the other foods I’ve listed, I have never seen a pig’s brain. Have you? Have you tasted a pig’s brain? Is it yummy? In the comments, feel free to tell me. And for the last question, what are some interesting foods you’ve experienced?

Image result for indian foods that are weird

2 comments:

  1. So this is basically where you talk about what foods you don't like. That's great. I've tried octopus and sea cucumber before, and same as you, I'm not a fan of the texture. It's rubbery I guess, that's what I would say. I actually want to try eating bugs sometime. Actually I don't.

    I don't know...

    Anyways, I'd recommend you the post "india's biggest festival" by... uh, Joey Regan. It's also about Indian culture.

    And, uh, well, bye then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never even seen any of these food before in India, but okay... Also where did you find these.. unique foods found in India? I haven't really had interesting food, but I've had a lot of typical Indian cuisine like Dhal Chawal, Pani Puri, Roti, Samosas, Dosa, etc. Also, I recommend you read Violet's blog because she found some more interesting foods you can add to your list of things (like fried snails, ewwww).

    ReplyDelete